Computing, Electronics, Telecommunications & RF Communications
TeleTalk commenced trading in 1992 (formerly known as “The Communications Shop”). The Head Office is located in the tropical city of Cairns, Australia.
- Our key hardware partners are Alcatel, Hybrex, Panasonic and Toshiba
TeleTalk is a market leader. This is attributed to:
Products And Services
TeleTalk supplies an extensive range of products and services, including:
- Satellite Phones (incl. Rentals)
- Local and remote voice/data networks
- Answering machines, Voicemail
- Cordless Telephones/ DECT
- Message on Hold
- Telephone Systems & Headsets
- PABX sales and service
- Call Accounting Software
- Comprehensive Tele-Accessories
- Block Cabling services (incl. Data)
- VoIP & IP Telephony solutions
We are an Authorised Dealer for a large number of quality distributors and manufacturers including:
- Access Communications
- Alcatel Telephone Systems
- Australian Business Telephones
- Australian Headset Company
- Avico Electronics
- Australian Protective Electronics
- Dallas Delta Door Phones
- Design 2000
- GBS Technology
- IBM Business Solutions Partner
- IPL Datron (OKIFAX)
- Interquatz Business Telephones
- Iridium satellite phones
- Kirk Dect Systems
- Panasonic Cordless Phones
- Plantronics Telephony Headsets
- Polaris Telecommunications
- PowerCom - Electronics protection
- RF Industries
- Solar UPS
- Techpac IT&T Reseller
- Uniden Cordless Phones
- Headset Solutions
- GN Netcom Headsets
- Other Headsets (see Glyn)
- Satpac Iridium Satellite Phones
Over the years, TeleTalk has proactively forged strong long term trading relationships with specific blue chip suppliers, such as Alcatel, IBM, Iridium, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Optus and Panasonic. This has resulted in TeleTalk receiving several prestigious appointments & awards, as outlined:
- 1992: First Telstra land line Dealer appointed in Australia
- 1993: First Telstra MobileNet Premium Dealer appointed in FNQ
- 1997: TeleTalk one of six Telstra MobileNet Dealers, out of 2,500 Dealers in Australia, to be presented with an excellence award for outstanding performance.
- 1997: TeleTalk appointed the First Telstra Satellite Phone Dealer in Australia. Since then, TeleTalk has maintained the position as a leading regional Queensland Dealer for satellite phones.
- 1998: Telstra acknowledged TeleTalk Centre as a leading Telstra MobileNet Dealership in regional Queensland.
- 1998: TeleTalk was the first privately owned Telstra Dealership in Australia to be externally outfitted in Telstra colours (blue, orange & white).
- 1998: TeleTalk established the first mobile phone repair centre in regional Queensland. From the onset, TeleTalk has been consistently acknowledged as a leading accredited mobile phone service centre in Australia.
- 2000: TeleTalk acknowledged as the largest privately owned Telco Dealership in Regional Queensland, by way of volume turnover, number of employees and future potential.
- 2001: Stratos Global appoints TeleTalk as an Iridium satellite phone Dealer.
- 2001: TeleTalk MD Rod Harris finalist in Australian Institute of Management “Management Excellence awards” in Owner/Operator category – FNQ Region.
- 2002: TeleTalk MD Rod Harris finalist in Australian Institute of Management “Management Excellence awards” in Owner/Operator category – FNQ Region.
- 2002: TeleTalk HQ relocates to bigger and better premises in Cairns, now acknowledged as the largest regional Telco Dealership in Australia
- 2003: TeleTalk upgraded to IBM Gold Dealership
- 2005: TeleTalk switched its Telco network business to Optus, reopening as the first privately owned Optus Business Centre in Australia.
- 2006: TeleTalk terminated Optus relationship.
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Australian Communications Industry Forum
- Australian Institute of Management
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Japan Society
- Cairns Chamber of Commerce
- Cairns Tourism Association
- Franchise Council of Australia
- Queensland Chamber of Commerce and Industry.(QCCI). TeleTalk MD Rod Harris is a former Deputy Chair of FNQ Regional Councillors
- Queensland Information Technology Board
- Queensland Regional IT Forum
- Tourism Tropical North Queensland (Marketing Far North Queensland)
- Telecommunications Users Association of New Zealand (TUANZ).
- TeleTalk proudly supports the Arts. TeleTalk MD Rod Harris is a former Board Member of the Cairns Regional Gallery
- TeleTalk supports The Endeavour Foundation and regularly donates to organisations representing under-privileged children
- TeleTalk MD Rod Harris provides sports psychology consultancy.